King of the Hill
King of the Hill Grudge racing is back at Calder Park DragRacing Sat, 7th December 2019 .
This is as close to the USA based Friday night Grudge racing as possible which occurs at most tracks in the South, ie Run what Ya Brung, ‘call outs’ take run priority, competitors are matched by drawing a number out of a bucket (at credentials when signing in), competitors all put buy-in money to make a prize pool and its pretty much “run what you brung and make sure its enough”.
NO this is not Lights Out as that is an Outlaw Radial Drag race event at SGMP in Georgia USA (held by the famous Donald Long) – plus we will be turning the lights on when it gets dark so everyone can see where they are going and the time boards on so everyone can see the Elapsed Times.
It’s a buy-in for each competitor in each class who race each other over the 1/8 th (DYO over the ¼), Pro Tree, Heads Up (DYO full tree handicap), Three Round Format, winner takes all – $5000 ca$h paid PER CLASS on the night, on the start line (based on a minimum 20 entrants for each class). Entries close Mon 2nd Dec 2019. No late entries – no exceptions – DO NOT CALL US WITH EXCUSES!
All competitors may make one test hit between 3pm and 4pm, and run each elimination round at the times scheduled with the Final to be run at 9:00pm SHARP). We will not be waiting for anyone, and if you are not in the lanes to run your round you will record a DNF/Loss for that round. The two competitors with the most wins will race the final round. If there are more than two competitors with equal wins (ie three or four), then the competitor/s with the fastest ET from the previous round shall go to the final, or closest dial in for DYO.
Plus Grudge Style VIP Start line experience (limited to the first 200 spectators), arm bands may be purchased for $20 and signing an indemnity form at Credentials. This will entitle you to exclusive start line viewing for this event and you are expected to follow the usual start line protocol. Plus, heaps of crowd giveaways throughout the event – listen to the PA for calls…
CATEGORIES AND RULES:
- Any Radial tyre (max 315)
- Dial Your Own format (7 sec rule)
- Must be factory suspension car (three quarter cars allowed, no full chasis)
- Any power adder allowed
- Run over 1/8th mile (to even up varying combo’s)
- Three round format / up to 32 car field
- Heads up pro tree (7 sec staging rule)
- Run What you brung
- Any induction allowed
- Any Style Vehicle allowed (open wheel & Door cars)
- Run over 1/8th mile (to even up varying power adders)
- Three round format / capped to 32 car field
Dial Your Own
- Dial ins each round
- Open to any style vehicle no blowers, Turbos or Nitrous
- Run over 1320 / ¼ mile
- Chicago round format / capped to 32 car field
- Any Street Car (No licenced & Log Book’d vehicles)
- Run as per normal street meetings
- Dial Your Own time each round
- Run over 1320 / ¼ mile
- Pre Entry only no day entries ($150)
- Nitrous, Superchargers and Turbos allowed
- Pro Tree / Heads up
- Run over 1/8 mile to even up competition
- Any Street bike welcome (no comp bikes requiring a license or tech).
- No wheelie bars or swingarm mods
- Full Tree, Dial Your Own
- Run over ¼ mile
KOTH Times & Run Format:
Competitor gates open 11am, credentials and scrutineering to 3pm.
Open Test Session (with times) only between 3pm – 4:30pm. (staging lane gates close at 4:30pm). Do not line up for a test run if you think you’ll be late for Round 1 @ 5:00pm, or you’ll miss out.
Eliminations run on Chicago Shootout rules, ie (the most wins goes to the final).
All elimination pairings are “picked out of a hat” at credentials.
- Round 1 to be run: 5:30pm
- Round 2 to be run: 6:45pm
- Round 3 to be run: 8:00pm
- Finals to be run at 9:00 pm sharp
Any questions or not sure – just shoot us an email or PM via our Facebook page.