Licence and safety requirements by ET
As your times step up, so to will your equipment requirements in order to ensure that you are as safe as possible when racing at Calder. Remember Motorsport is Dangerous!
Check out the ANDRA guide here on what you need to do, or call the ANDRA Tech dept on +61 8 8271 5355 or send the guys a note on their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/ANDRATechnical/
Basically, to go racing at street meets all you need is a safe street vehicle that passes basic safety checks on tyres, brakes, steering and liquid leaks and no loose items in the boot or in the vehicle.
We normally issue you with a DDL (divisional Day License) as part of your entry if you are not a member of ANDRA and do not need a permanent ANDRA Drag Racing Licence for;
- Cars 12.00 seconds and slower
- Cars 11.00 seconds and slower, for cars originally fitted with airbags and 4-wheel disc brakes
- Cars 10.00 seconds and slower, IF 2008 or later built model cars
- Motorcycles 10.00 seconds and slower
- Motorcycles 9.50 seconds and slower, on a unmodified* production motorcycle (we issue you a DDL as part of your entry)
IF YOU ARE FASTER THAN ANY OF THE ABOVE – Then you do require a tech / log book and racing license, so check with ANDRA (as per above).
To Race your Street Car you need long pants and top, enclosed footwear and an approved helmet.
To Race your Street Bike you need Leather Jacket/Gloves/Boots & Long pants (leather preferred) and an approved helmet of course.
Helmet selection guide
Need to know what helmet you can take when you race? Check out the ANDRA Helmet Selection Guide here. Remember its up to you whether you have a $50 helmet or a $1000 one that meets the standards – what do value your head at ???